Glamping at Knaveswell Farm in our very comfy safari tents!
We’ve been welcoming glamping guests to Knaveswell since 2008 and now offer guests 5 large and en suite safari tents set at the edge of woodland in a secluded field on our dairy farm.
Our tents sleep up to 6 guests in a bedroom with a kingsize bed, a bedroom with twin beds and a cosy double cabin style bed. Our set up is great for couples, families and large groups to enjoy unique accommodation in a lovely location – a chance to relax, unwind and experience a more simple life.
So what’s in our tents?
- a big woodburning stove with an oven, supplies of firewood, kindling, firelighters and matches
- a rustic kitchen unit with butlers sink and hot running water, washing up liquid, oven gloves and tea towels
- a kitchen dresser stocked with pots and pans, crockery, cutlery and utensils including our favourite Falcon enamelware teapots, mugs and beakers
- supplies of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper, kitchen foil and clingfilm
- electricity…. just a little bit of the modern world…. a couple of overhead lanterns in the living and kitchen area plus a brighter light in the loo cabin, a couple of sockets for charging a mobile or two and a small electric kettle for an early morning cuppa whilst the woodburning stove heats up
- proper beds made up ready for you with hand towels, bath towels and bath mat
- a big comfy leather sofa in the living area and a vintage trunk “coffee table”
- a wooden dining table with chairs and bench seating 6 guests
- a private loo and basin with hot running water
- a large private shower with hot water
- a large Igloo cool box to keep your food cold with a supply of icepacks up at the farm
- candle lanterns with supply of tealight candles
- a decked front porch with picnic table
- a large barrel BBQ/firebowl with a bag of charcoal
Glampers can collect eggs from the hens on site and visit the piglets and/or lambs if they are in residence. Up at the farm guests are welcome to watch our herd of cows being milked in the afternoons or visit the calves. In spring we often have lambs for bottle feeding if guests would like to help.
Our glamping site is open from Easter until the end of October.
Groups are welcome – stag/hen parties must take all 5 glamping tents so that other guests are not disturbed.
We welcome dogs at £25 each (maximum 2 per tent and must be booked in advance).